Sunday, October 10, 2010

:Detox:


For the past few months I have been trying to educate myself about where our food comes from and just how foul it really is. All of the chemicals that are sprayed on fruit and veggies, the hormones that are fed to the animals that we eat and their horrible living conditions. I am horrified by the information that I have found. So last week I made a decision to stop eating meat. I'm not a huge meat eater as it is, especially red meat but Marvin and I definitely live off of ground turkey. I make everything with it! Taco's, chili, spaghetti, turkey burgers, the list goes on. I asked Marvin is he was willing to go meat less for at least 30 days with me and he agreed. Of course I had to give him a few good reasons so I read him a ton of information as well as showed him a video I found on Peta's website showing the horrible treatment of these animals we have been consuming. He agreed without even hesitating. Today is day 6 with no meat and we are going strong. I have had do make more meals then usual (I don't cook that often) but I have really enjoyed finding new ways to make things.
I'm excited to see how we are both feeling after the 30 days and hoping that Marv sticks with it much longer then that.
While I'm on the topic of food, I have also been doing a lot of research on theMaster Cleanse. A friend of mine did it a while back and urged me to do it with her but I just couldn't commit to 10 days of lemon water. Obviously there is much more to it then just that and I feel like I'm in a place now really wanting to detox from all the disgusting food I have been consuming so what better time then the present. I'm planning on going to Traders tomorrow to get a few essential items for the cleanse and hopefully starting on Tuesday! I think the hardest thing for me is going to be giving up coffee. At the same time I am hoping that I can kick the caffeine addiction and see if this can at all help me with my migraines. I stopped taking my migraine meds because I just don't want anything in my body that I don't have a whole lot of information on. As expected, the headaches have returned and are worse then ever. Hoping a drastic change to my diet (clean eating after the detox) will really help with the headaches. I will just have to wait and see.
Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment