Thursday, March 19, 2009

Crock-Potting...



So I was introduced to the wonderful life of Crock Pot cooking a few weeks ago by my friend Alison and it has already changed my life! Of course I had used this amazing contraption in the past but never knew all of the yummy things you could make in it. I think in the past I only used it to warm canned baked beans..well..those days are long gone!! I started experimenting last week and first made a roast which Alison told me was one of the easiest things to make..if you know me, you know that I don't cook (well, not anything other then tacos :)) So I made the roast and it turned out fantastic!! To think all you have to do is cut up a few potatoes, carrots and plop a roast on top..and dinner is ready in 8 hours..well this was a dream come true for me! I have made that roast in different variations, also made the same recipe with chicken and have moved on to other wonderful concoctions!! Let me tell you that Marvin has been so happy..and he doesn't even know who to thank! I will be sure to tell him Alison is to thank for the wonderful meals I have been producing :) Today I made some chili by putting a bunch of stuff in the CrockPot from my pantry..some beans, tomato paste, ground turkey and it is amazing!! Here is what it looked like!! I'm sure Marvin will be very happy when he gets home.


After I made this I cleaned out the CrockPot and searched the freezer for anything else I could throw in there. I found some chicken wings buried at the bottom of the freezer and figured that with some BBQ sauce would be amazing! So I defrosted it, mixed together BBQ sauce, honey, Worcester and Tabasco and presto... Now to wait 2 hours to see what it will taste like :)
Thanks Alison for introducing me to the wonderful life of crock-potting and the crockpot365 blog!

1 comment: