Monday, August 30, 2010

::Where does the time go?::


Seriously, where does it go? I can't believe it has been so long since I have blogged. Of course a million things have transpired since my last post..a new baby, a new job, a million little projects, no wonder this poor personal blog has been neglected. But in an effort to get back my personal life, I am making a commitment, today, to blog at least once a week! You heard be folks, once a week. It's in writing.

I would like to start this particular post off by saying this has been an amazing year. We started it off with the birth of baby Kross Emory Harrison on December 26th 2009. Our little Christmas present. He is prefect!! Now 8 months old, he is growing like a weed, with 7 teeth and weighing in at about 22lbs. He is sitting up, rolling all over the place, talking up a storm and amazing us every single day! We are so thankful to have added to our little family and Shay is so happy to have a baby brother. Those two are so cute together and Shay really has turned out to be an amazing big brother to Kross.

Speaking of the big guy, Shay turned 4 this past June and has since entered Pre-K which he is loving!! We could not be happier or more impressed with his progress over the last few years. He is so eager to learn, to do 'school work' every chance he gets. He knows how to count to 100, count backwards from 20, count by 10's and by 5's. He know's simple addition, all of his shapes, days of the week, months, how to spell his name, our names and Kross's name. He know's our address and phone numbers. The kid is a sponge let me tell you!!

Marvin is business as usual, working so hard to provide the best for all of us. Coming home and taking care of the kids while I juggle my crazy schedule between my brides and Bridal Insider. It is definitely a challenge at times {or should I say most of the time} but we are making it work. Somehow. We are like two ships passing in the night most of the time but we try to get our time in where we can. One of the things I am trying to work on is scheduling time for date nights either in or out of the house. Just quality time that Marvin and I can spend together and enjoy each others company. It is so hard these days to find a quiet moment with the kids and our busy work schedules. We have to always try to remember that without the two of us there is no family so while we are here nurturing our children we have to remember to nurture this relationship and keep it a strong foundation. So far so good but more time together would be nice any day!

Our 6 year wedding anniversary is right around the corner, October 2nd, I can't believe it
has been 6 years already. Time really does go by so fast. You have to stop and enjoy what is going on around you or it will all pass you by. This has probably been the craziest year for me and I am really starting to realize how important that time with family is. It won't stand still or come back to you once it is gone. The time is now to grab a hold of it and live in the moment. I am committing to more time with my hunny, the kids and the rest of the family.

I believe that I can find the balance between all of it.


Good night friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment